Social Media Policy
At ITT Technical Institute, we recognize that social media have become important and influential communication channels for our community. To assist in posting content and managing these sites, ITT Technical Institute has developed policies and guidelines for official and personal use of social media. These policies and guidelines apply to faculty and staff, and can be used in connection with social media accounts associated with schools of study, departments, programs and offices.
Social media means an electronic service or account, or electronic content, including, but not limited to, videos, still photographs, blogs, video blogs, podcasts, instant and text messages, email, online services or accounts, or Internet Website profiles or locations.
- The purpose of using these communication channels on behalf of ITT Technical Institute is to support the institution's mission, goals, programs and sanctioned efforts.
- Prior to engaging in any form of social media involving ITT Technical Institute, you must receive written permission from the Director of Communications.
- When using an officially recognized social media channel, assume at all times that you are representing ITT Technical Institute.
- Confidential or proprietary ITT Technical Institute information or similar information of third parties, who have shared such information with you on behalf of ITT Technical Institute, should not be shared publicly on these social media channels.
- ITT Technical Institutes may choose to post institution related social media content generated by faculty, staff and/or students.
- Exercise discretion, thoughtfulness and respect for your colleagues, associates and ITT Technical Institute's supporters/community (social media fans).
- Avoid discussing or speculating on internal policies or operations.
- A healthy dialogue with constructive criticism can be useful but refrain from engaging in dialogue that could disparage colleagues, competitors or critics.
- Be mindful that all posted content is subject to review in accordance with ITT Technical Institute's policies, procedures and editorial guidelines.
- Please refrain from reporting, speculating, discussing or giving any opinions on ITT Technical Institute topics or personalities that could be considered sensitive, confidential or disparaging.
- ITT Technical Institute logos and/or visual identity cannot be used for personal social media without written permission by the Director of Communications.
- Your personal social media account is not an appropriate place to distribute ITT Technical Institute news.
- ITT Technical Institute does not monitor personal websites but will address issues that violate institutional policies, procedures or guidelines.
- No ITT Technical Institute employee or representative shall require or request that a student, prospective student or student group do any of the following:
a. disclose a username or password for accessing personal social media;
b. access personal social media in the presence of an ITT Technical Institute employee or representative; or
c. divulge any personal social media information.
No student, prospective student or student group shall be suspended, expelled, disciplined, threatened with any of those actions, or otherwise penalized in any way for refusing to comply with a request or demand that violates this guideline.
Meet a Graduate
Bachelor of Science
Fort Wayne, IN
"After graduating from ITT TECH I felt that my education really prepared me for the real world."
- Jered Kuhfahl, 2011
What can ITT Tech offer you?
Find Out Today